Monday, July 19, 2010

Dinner at Wayfare Tavern

So I was checking out Yelp one day (no surprise!) and noticed that on the What's Hot On Yelp Top 5 there was this restaurant called Wayfare Tavern.


Wayfare Tavern at night

Little did I know that this was Food Network star chef Tyler Florence's newest spot in the San Francisco. The place had just opened a few weeks ago and when I saw that he was there overlooking the kitchen on the pics from its Yelp site, I knew I couldn't pass up this opportunity to meet him so I hastily made a reservation. When my friend and I got there and waited for our table, he actually walked by us. Well actually, my friend saw him and I completely ignored him, how embarrassing. Thankfully, being the really cool guy he is, he came out to our table to say hello. I shook his hand and my friend took our pic.


Tyler Florence and I

Honestly, I really didn't know what to expect from what I ordered, especially the appetizer. I ordered the Baked Avocado on a whim and I had no idea that it was a popular dish. But after I tasted it, that was easily understandable. The warm avocado had a nice texture and the lump of dungeness crab was creamy. And bacon definitely makes everything taste better!


Baked Avocado

From the first time I saw the menu, I immediately had my sights set on ordering the Wayfare Burger "Le Grand." You guys should know by now that I'm a huge burger fan, especially those of the gourmet type. I have to say that this burger ranks up there as one of my favorite burgers in San Francisco. And that's saying a lot because I've had a fair share of really good burgers around town. On the pic it may not look like it, but it was a huge burger! I highly suggest adding the egg!!


Wayfare Burger "Le Grand" with Sunny Side Up Petaluma Egg

I don't know how long Chef Tyler is going to be overlooking the kitchen, but if you have the time, definitely come on out and say hello and grab a nice bite to eat. The food is great, and the service is impeccable. I have to come out here again to try their other stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment