Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas Day! Did you get something good under your tree? My sister got me a Trader Joe's gift card so she's saved me from spending money on groceries for one week. A couple nights ago, I got two emails from two places offering free food for my birthday with is coming up on Dec. 31st (Mark your calendars folks!!). The first one is for Ike's Place offering a free sandwich with the purchase of any sandwich and the other one is from Rubio's for a free meal up to $7. I love free food! Sparing no time to waste, I quickly used the Rubios coupon for lunch yesterday and picked up their Cabo Plate which includes a Grilled Shrimp Burrito and one of their famous Fish Tacos along with a side of chips and refried beans. The tab ran up to $10 but with my coupon brought it down to $3. Score!!! However, I must say that although the meal filled me up nicely, both the burrito and the taco didn't really taste all that great to me. Which is a sad shame because I use to always go to Rubio's. I guess I got so used to eating at many great taquerias in the S.F. Mission District and in my neighborhood in the last 7-8 months that my taste in burritos and tacos have changed greatly. Oh well, I got a great discount and it filled me up!

I'll probably drop by Ike's next week over in Redwood City to get my sandwiches. And their sandwiches are insanely good! Here are some that I've enjoyed in the past:

#86: King Koopa - All Beef Meatballs, Mozzarella Sticks, Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers, Marinara Sauce


#155: Nacho Boy Supreme - Roast Beef, Bacon, Mushrooms, Avocado, Havarti


#111: Menage a Trois - Halal Chicken Breast, Real Honey, Honey Mustard, BBQ, PepperJack, Swiss, Smoked Gouda


The Menage a Trois seems to be the employees' pick based on reviews I've read on the place. It's also the most unusual tasting in my opinion. I'm wondering what I'll get this time. Stay tuned!

Have a Merry Christmas everybody! Stay safe and eat well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment