Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Taco Battle #1 Chili's vs. El Tacotote

Last night I treated my mom out a Chili's for her birthday. Instead of ordering my usual Mushroom Swiss Burger, I wanted to try their new Mini Tacos. I have to say they were actually pretty good and I didn't have that same heavy feeling I would've gotten had I ordered a burger. And then today after riding my Trikke down the Embarcadero for 2 hours, I stopped over to my favorite taco truck, El Tacotote. Now it might not even be fair to compare these two, but let's see how they stack up against each other.

Chili's Mini Taco Combo - $8.99. Choice of two flavors. I picked 2 Classic Chicken Tacos (Smoked chicken topped with applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions and cilantro sour cream) and 2 Crispy Shrimp Tacos (With spicy cole slaw and tequila lime sauce. Topped with cilantro.).


It's always nice to have a side of rice and beans with your tacos. The Crispy Shrimp Tacos were really good. Almost like the one's from Rubio's. The Classic Chicken Tacos were just okay to me. They didn't have much flavor even though they had bacon and ranch inside. I should've just ordered all Crispy Shrimp. Maybe next time.

El Tacotote's street tacos - $1 each. Small description here, 2 Chicken and 2 Steak tacos.



Obviously, the big sell here is that they only cost $1. And they're really fat tacos for that price. So worth it. I could've bought 9 of these for the price I paid for the Chili tacos, though smaller. However with these tacos, these are the type of tacos that you don't really eat to enjoy and just stuff your face with them. Not too much flavor unless you dowse your tacos with hot sauce.

The verdict: Well like I said earlier, it's hard to compare these two because one's of restaurant quality while the other is made in a truck. But I'm gonna have to declare El Tacotote the winner here since you can totally load up on their tacos because they're cheap and are really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment